As a Common App Virtual Counselor the advice you provide is critical in helping students through the college admissions process.
Thank you so much for providing content for this initiative. Before you submit, be sure to review our submission guidelines. We have a variety of topics we would like for you to address, as well as format specifications. If you would like to submit content including articles or videos, please contact Jen Davis directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send to us a short bio, approximately 50-100 words in length, and should include your name, position, affiliated organization, and an email address where you can be reached. We recommend submitting content using Microsoft Word.
- Submit a photo to accompany your bio. The minimum headshot size should be 200 x 200 pixels.
- We are currently accepting submissions covering the following topics:
- Financial Aid
- Financing College
- College Search
- First Generation Considerations
- International Student Considerations
- Extracurricular Activities and Community Involvement
- Application Tips
- Articles should be approximately 100-300 words in length. We understand that some topics may require slightly longer articles, and we will work with you on this.
- Articles should be original work, ideally work that has not be published on other websites or blogs.
- We will review and make edits to material you submit to us for style and format. We will be sure to alert you when your article is scheduled to be published, as well as provide you with a link. You are encouraged to publish on your own social media platforms as well.
- Remember your audience: students and parents are who we would like to reach and support in any way we can.
- Articles should not be of a promotional nature.
- We will promote all posts on our social media platforms, using the hashtag: #VirtualCounselor