Congratulations! You did it!
Congratulations! Applying to college is a big deal. Take a moment to congratulate yourself on a job well done.
We know you may be stressed about what comes next, but remember that you have people who care about you. We’re still here to help too!
Here are a few things to keep in mind now that you’ve applied to college:
- Keep your grades strong. Even though your college applications are complete, there’s still work to be done. No matter what your next step is, it’s important to complete your current semester on a high note.
- Complete the FAFSA and apply for scholarships. Understanding how you will finance your college education is important. If you haven’t already, complete your FAFSA, and take advantage of the Scholar Snapp integration with Common App, which allows you to connect directly with scholarship opportunities to help you pay for college.
- Touch base with mentors to make sure you’re still on track. Check in regularly with your counselors, advisors, and teachers to make sure you are meeting all requirements necessary to graduate. If you’re in need of a mentor, check out Strive for College - a free online mentoring platform that provides one-on-one mentoring to students looking for guidance on the college process, financial aid, and more.
- Say thank you! No one goes through their journey to college on their own. Your counselors, mentors, advisors, family members, coaches, and friends have helped you proofread essays, submit recommendations on your behalf, and provided endless encouragement. Make sure the cheerleaders in your life know how much you appreciate them.
- Get excited for the next step in your college journey! College presents a unique opportunity to expand your horizons, meet lifelong friends, and learn how you can make an impact on the world. If college is a part of your plan, there are people and resources around you who can help you make it a reality.
Wherever your journey takes you, remember that we are so proud of what you’ve accomplished so far. We can’t wait to see where you go from here. Follow Common App on Twitter and Facebook for tips and resources that may be useful to you and your family, and share your stories with us.